Creating a smaller footprint is the first step
Inspired by out-of-the-box thinking, Carseldine Village will be filled with the latest innovations designed to make life easier and the planet greener. Our innovations will be experienced across five different fields.
1. Comfortable spaces let the light in, not the heat. Our buildings will be designed to be climatically responsive to the South-East Queensland weather. A clever combination of shading, solar PV, WiFi ACs and high-quality builds will make your homes highly liveable.
2. Welcoming spaces will be created to make living easy as you get older. This means zero-step entrances, reinforced walls for grab rails in bathrooms, easy-to-access appliances and wider hallways – for a start. Residents who require in-home care will be able to choose floorplans that can comfortably accommodate a wheelchair.
3. Nurturing spaces We’ll be bringing community and nature closer together. In fact, every residence will find a park, public transport, natural bushland as well as local facilities and services within approximately 400m of their front door, encouraging walking and cycling.
4. Sunny spaces Our ambition to become a solar village to cultivate your energy from the sun. Your solar PV and battery storage will not only reduce greenhouse gases and energy infrastructure, but they’ll also reduce your energy costs.
5. Creative spaces are changing how we work and live. Our homes will feature flexible floor plans that encourage a diverse range of work-live options.